The Alpha 2 of Galaxy 55 is finally here!
It comes fully-loaded with new features:
- your spacecraft is now visible in the sky! You can beam up to your ship using the glowing column of light
- activate the ship's computer to be able to modify your spacecraft in the astroport hangar!
- the hull must be entirely made up of hull plating (kubes made from Aluminium) to avoid air leaks during space travel. Remember that there is nothing to stop you from adding other types of kube on top!
- to produce new kubes you should now use the kube synthesizer which you'll find aboard your ship! (as explained in this forum)
- if you register before Alpha 3, you can now create a new type of planet! (we'll let you discover it for yourselves!)
To finish up, we have made some changes to our plans so that you don't have to wait any longer. It is now possible to return to planets you have previously created using the ship's computer, however you cannot visit/discover new ones yet.
That's coming shortly in Alpha 3.
Wow, this new planet is like a whole new alien world!!
hmm? what did they do to my galactic credit? ... and ... pyrite is now used as ship material?
so many new-looking bricks here! ... so much to figure out
HOW are we supposed to activate the ships computer?
EDIT: Found it. By using "E" key. Also, I hope this is entry model of computer, I mean, seriously, only 8TB RAM? That's barely enough to run Firefox 783!
Use E, the same you use to mine, open doors and use the new synthesizer.
Is this true? What about the transparent parts? Or can ANY Aluminium-containing kube be used (including Toughened Glass, wiring panel, piping, armored panel and door)?
... seems so. I mean, the leak warning disappeared when I put piping over hole ... hard to know for sure, because modified ship still can't be saved. Also, obviously, we still don't know what is piping good for and it cost more ...
Is piping not the other kube thats a part of the synthesizer? (theres the 4 kubes you put stuff on, the one they show the result and then the pipe of some sort)